Parent and Child Orientation
The admissions process at Holy Martyrs ARS Pilavjian Preschool is designed to help interested families explore the School’s unique philosophy and program. Together, we can decide if the School is a good fit for your child and your family.
Parent and Child Orientations
The School provides four formal orientations on the Program’s mission and philosophy.
- Informative, personal tours of the school are scheduled by appointment during the program year.
- During registration, parents are given detailed information regarding school operations.
- A welcoming letter including orientation date, class location preschool necessities and the name of the child’s teacher is mailed to families prior to the new program year.
- A formal parent orientation is scheduled before the first day of school. At this meeting, parents are given detailed information regarding the School’s policies, classroom curriculum and schedule, and they meet their child’s teacher in the classroom.
In addition to the above four formal orientations, parents are welcomed to arrange visits to their child in the School.It is our mission to keep parents informed of the School’s ongoing programs. On a daily basis, parents will receive notes regarding their children located in parent mailboxes.
Therefore, every week, parents will receive memos and bulletins via email, school website, or hard copies.
Admission to the School is possible by placing a prospective student on the School's waiting list by calling the School’s office or online. The waiting list for the next actual registration starts on the first day of October. Children (except 2 years old) must be toilet trained in order to attend Holy Martyrs ARS A. Pilavjian Preschool. The following are the guidelines for enrolling children in age appropriate classroom settings.
- A child must be 2 years old by September 1st to be admitted and placed into 2 year old groups.
- A child must be 3 years old by September 1st to be admitted and placed into 3 year old groups. Child needs to be fully toilet trained.
- A child must be 4 years old by September 1st to be admitted and placed into 4 year old groups. Child needs to be fully toilet trained.
Class assignments will be made by the Administration with teacher recommendations. The School Administration reserves the right to make changes to class composition, including but not limited to, reassigning children to other groups.
Each child will have a separate file containing enrollment, health and other confidential information. These files will be kept in locked cabinets in the School office, to ensure confidentiality. Only parents, the child’s teachers and the administration will have access to these files except as otherwise required by law.
The school reserves the right to admit and/or to dis-enroll any student for any reason in its sole discretion.
PHOTOGRAPHS OF PRESCHOOL ENVIRONMENT DURING COVID