Campus Health and Safety
Disaster Preparedness and Emergency Plan
Earthquake/disaster preparedness is an important aspect of the Holy Martyrs ARS Ashkhen Pilavjian Preschool program operation. To save lives and minimize disruption, all School staff and students must be prepared to respond quickly and responsibly to emergencies and disasters, such as earthquakes and fires. The entire school campus is equipped with emergency disaster provisions. The school has an emergency plan and the procedures are to be followed at the time of an earthquake or other emergency. Written emergency procedures are posted in each classroom and the School’s parent board. Fire and earthquake drills are practiced on an ongoing basis so that in the event of an emergency, students, faculty and staff will be prepared to react promptly and correctly to ensure everyone’s safety.
All of our teachers are trained in CPR, First Aid, and Disaster Preparedness Procedures by the Glendale Fire Department (CERT). We are prepared to care for our students for up to 72 hours after an earthquake.
To further assure the safety of our students, we would like to ask the cooperation and assistance of our parents in the following areas:
- Please do not call the school. We must have the phone lines open to communicate with the fire department, police, and other governmental or emergency agencies.
- Anticipate delays on your way to School due to cluttered streets or traffic.
- Turn your radio to the local AM dial. Information and directions will be given over the radio.
- Please do not block our driveways.
The school will follow these procedures at the time of student release:
- All school entries will be closed immediately after an earthquake or emergency.
- Two temporary Student Release stations will be set up #1at Hayvenhurst parking entrance gate and #2 at Hayvenhurst exit gate.
- Children will be released only to a parent or an individual designated by a parent, whose name is listed on the Child’s Emergency Release Information Form. With this in mind, please make sure your child’s emergency form is always up to date.
- Parents or their designated parties, who come for children, should approach Child Release Station #1 by the School’s Hayvenhurst parking lot entrance gate for verification of their Identification. (Picture I.D. will be requested).
- Upon verification of the Identification parents or their designated parties will be given a Release Form and will be directed to Child Release Station #2 at the School’s Hayvenhurst parking lot exit gate where they will sign the children out.
- If evacuating the School becomes necessary, signs will be posted on the main gates advising parents of the children’s new location.
To maximize campus safety and security and to guide the traffic, the school has a security attendant on duty during the school hours.
Visitors and Guests
All visitors and guests are required to sign in at the main office at the beginning of their visit. Any visitor or guest will be asked to provide his or her name, address, and the purpose of his/her visit. The School reserves the right to request proof of identity.
The School Director or his/her designee in his or her discretion may refuse access to School grounds to any visitor or guest.
Any visitor or guest who fails to sign in at the main office shall be considered an unauthorized person. “Unauthorized person” shall also include any student who is currently dis-enrolled from the School or otherwise not permitted to be on School grounds.
Loading, Parking, and Safety
Parents should enter the School from the School’s main entrances/gates. We ask that parents consider our neighbors and honor the City of Los Angeles traffic rules by not blocking or turning in to any of the driveways or making unlawful U-Turns in front of the School.
Park your SUV or Van in the Hayvenhurst parking lot.
When parking in the parking lot, please do not park in the Faculty designated parking spaces and, most importantly, please keep your children next to you at all times.
Also, to assure parent and child safety on campus grounds and to avoid unnecessary traffic problems, we request immediate departure after signing your child out.
Hayvenhurst parking lot gate will be closed after 9:30 AM.
The school is not responsible for any kind of damage caused to a vehicle while on school grounds, including but not limited to collision, theft, burglary and other damages.
Video Surveillance: To secure the health and safety of children and adults, video surveillance is installed throughout School premises. (See Video Surveillance Policy below.) All activities are monitored and recorded.
Glass door entrance on Parthenia Street will be locked from 9:00 AM to
2:30 PM. To enter the school, please ring the bell and a staff member will open the door.
Persons unknown to the staff will be asked to enter from the office entrance and will be required to show a picture ID.
Video Surveillance and Intercom
To secure the health and safety of children and adults, video surveillance is installed throughout School premises. (See Video Surveillance Policy below.) The School’s main gate entrance door is operated through the intercom system and all activities are monitored and recorded. Parthenia school entry is 9:00 A.M. to 2:30 P.M.
To enter the school, please ring the bell and the gate/door will be opened by a staff member using the intercom system.
- To exit the school, please use the Green Exit Button located next to the gate/door.
- Persons unknown to the staff will be asked to enter from the office entrance and will be required to show a picture I.D..
Video surveillance may occur on School property. Video surveillance shall be limited to preschool classrooms, hallways, stairwells, entrances, school grounds and other areas deemed appropriate by the School Director. The School reserves the right to place cameras in a location known to require a greater need for surveillance. Video surveillance shall not occur in areas where there is a reasonable expectation of privacy, such as locker rooms, restrooms, counseling and nursing offices.
Under no circumstances shall the School’s video surveillance cameras be equipped to record audio or other sound(s). Any audio capability shall be permanently deactivated prior to use by the School. Audio shall not be part of the video recordings made, reviewed or stored buy the School.
The video surveillance system and all resulting recordings shall be located in a secure area and access to the system and recordings shall be strictly limited by the Director or designee. Video images obtained by the School shall be viewed by authorized School personnel as necessary. The School may rely on the images obtained by the video surveillance cameras in connection with the enforcement of School policy and other applicable law, including, but not limited to, student and staff discipline proceedings and matters referred to local law enforcement agencies in accordance with applicable law.
Video images may become part of a student’s educational record in accordance with applicable law. Video images or recordings may become subject to disclosure in response to a lawfully issued subpoena or court order. In the case video surveillance is used for discipline proceedings or becomes a part of your child’s educational record, you, the parent, may request to view the video subject t laws and regulations governing privacy of student records if implicated for students other than your own child. The video recordings may be erased as necessary or recorded over at the discretion of the School.
For complete information regarding school safety procedures, please see the school’s Safety Handbook below.